Des- Here you can check out and follow best pre and post skin & hair care tips for Indian skincare. All products on below articles are dermatologist certified and top K-beauty brands.
Follow These Pre and Post Skin & Hair Care Tips This Holi Festival
With just a week left for the festival of colors, Holi, we hope you have your organic colours, water balloons, and snacks ready. Did we miss out on something? Oh yes, is your skin and hair all set to play the festival or too ready to get damaged? We must also keep in mind that Corona virus is still very much there, so we should try as many precautions we can take and do social distancing. While we should do our best to keep our hands clean, we must take beauty measures as well. With joy the fear of dehydrated and dry skin comes along, so don’t forget to prep your skin well. So, forget all your worries as Team Maccaron brings you the best summer season beauty tips so that you can keep your skin protected against the harmful effects of harsh chemicals colours. Read on to find out more!
Before you get into the festive mood, it’s important to prep your skin well so that no colours stains are left behind. You’ll be exposed to harsh chemicals and direct sun, so it’s always advised to follow a skincare routine and some important tips to be safe while playing the festival of colours.
- Kickstart the festival, by preparing your skin so that the harmful colours don’t damage the skin as they are filled with chemicals. The easiest way is to slather a generous amount of coconut oil or Atopalm Cream Massage Oil on the body as well as the face. The oil acts as a protective layer between your skin and the colours and makes the job of cleaning the colour easy.
- Your skin would have to go through a lot during the day and its texture could become rough due to harmful colours. This is why you must moisturise your skin with Goodal Houttutnia Cordata Calming Moisture Cream as it will protect your skin while you’re playing Holi. Yes, Houttuntina Cordata extract is a soothing plant that eases down your irritated skin.
- If you thought only colours are harmful, then you’re mistaken! The harmful UVA/UVB rays of the sun can cause damage to your skin and the best you can do is invest in a water-based sunscreen. Suntique I’m Sports Aqua Sungel will get absorbed in the skin easily and unlike other cream-based sunscreens, it will not melt in the sun and will stay for a long time. Since you’re going to be exposed to water and sunlight during the day, always choose an SPF that’s gel-based as they hydrate your skin too!
- No matter what you do or where are you, always make it a point to stay hydrated. Drink a glass of water every 30 minutes to prevent suffering from sunstroke or getting dehydrated. Also, it will prevent your skin from drying and will keep you energized.
Post Holi Skincare Tips
Now that you are done playing Holi, doesn’t mean that you will use your harsh soap on your face to rid of those colours. Post Holi, a proper skincare routine needs to be kept in mind to avoid stripping of natural oil from your skin. Take notes!
- Opt for a cleansing oil rather than foam cleansers as they are more gentle on your skin and easily removes harmful chemical colours. Klairs Gentle Black Deep Cleansing Oil is the best product when it comes to removing colour stains. Its easily washable texture allows a mild yet effective cleansing of dirt and harmful colours without causing any irritation. Cleansing your face with oil easily melts the colours off your skin and leaving your skin radiant.
- It’s the perfect time to use a body scrub as it will not remove colour stains but dead skin cells as well. Klairs Gentle Black Sugar Facial Polish helps to detox your body as it contains Vitamin A, E, and Shea Butter that moisturizes your sensitive and dry skin. Well, it’s time to remove all the impurities of harmful chemicals by exfoliating.
- The UVA rays and harmful colours strip off natural oil and moisture. Once you’re done with cleansing and scrubbing, moisturize your skin with It’s Skin Aloe Relaxing Cream. It will prevent your skin from getting dry as this cream provides relaxation while treating your skin problems such as redness and sunburns. Also, don’t forget to apply the cream all over your feet, stomach, and hands too.
Hair care Tips for Holi:
1. Apply coconut oil or Biotique Bio Bhringraj Fresh Growth Therapeutic Oil at least an hour before you go out. It will act as a shield that will protect your hair from getting affected because of dirt and chemicals. It helps in preventing any kind of hair breakage when you’re washing the colours off.
2. Wash your hair immediately post Holi celebration. Start with applying OGX Thick & Full Biotin & Collagen Shampoo, it will wash off the colors and then finally rinse it off with cold water only. Then apply OGX Thick & Full Biotin & Collagen Conditioner for needed extra nourishment after those harmful chemicals. Finally, apply Biotique Bio Mountain Ebony Vitalizing Serum as it will restore and your hair looking healthy and smooth.
Well, now that you are all set with tips and tricks but always keep yourself well hydrated to prevent dehydration as it can make you drier. Team Maccaron wishes you a happy and safe Holi!